Centralised treatment from food courts and shopping centres is not only a requirement in some regions but can offer significant benefits over installing numerous grease traps.
- All wastewater to be treated in a single location
- Massive reduction in sludge pumps out as only the separated grease is removed off site by tanker
- Improved performance over grease traps this reducing the possibility of downstream pipe blockages
- Demulsification of the wastewater to remove solubilised grease and improve the performance
- The GT-DAF has the ability to handle flows up to 100KL/hr making it suitable to treat all the wastewater from some of the largest commercial complexes in Australia.
The system is designed to accept and effectively treat the variable flows directly from the main drainage system. The inlet bypass to the top of the unit ensures that upstream pipe blockages do not occur and all water is always treated in the GT-DAF.
When wastewater enters the GT-DAF, it firstly passes through a laminar zone where free grease and solids are separated under gravity. After the free grease separation stage, the wastewater is subjected to the addition of dissolved air and optional demulsification agents allowing the finer grease particles and solids to be removed.
It is this unique and patented two stage separation process that enables the GT-DFA to use less than half the power of traditional DAF systems and reduce the foot print by over 30%.
The grease blanket on the surface of the system is removed by a robust scraper system and transferred into a mixed sludge tank for disposal.
As each commercial complex is different, the overall GT process will be designed and tailored to suit the available space and conditions in each application.
For more information please visit our GT-DAF page Click Here
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group operates in a number of sectors via unified complementary businesses, each engaged in the supply of specialist professional services and products to the water, wastewater and sustainability market. Hydroflux Pty Ltd is an Australian private company.